Spanish: 'Me llamo Rigoberta Menchù. El Guatemala y los Derechos de los ninos'
This work has been done all year long by Spanish teachers Mrs Egle Galassi and Miss Claudia Cavazzuti and has been developed in some different steps to make student be aware of Children's Rights by learning and improving Spanish.
The steps have been the following ones:
- Notes on the Republic of Guatemala;
- The civil war and the genocide of the Mayan people (1954-1996).
- The Nobel Peace Prize Rigoberta Menchù (1992). In particular, we addressed the issue of conciencia, that is, become aware of the importance of learning the Spanish language, the language of the oppressor , tool to use as a weapon, to report beyond the borders of Guatemala, the state of exploitation, lack of freedom and equality in which his people were forced.
Reading comprehension on the text "Me llamo Rigoberta Menchú y así me naciò la conciencia" in which it highlights child labor in plantations and the lifeof the indigenous Mayan;
- Convention on the Rights of the Child and analysis of Articles 24, 28, 29, 30, 32 and reading comprehension;
- Group work: creative writing workshop done in group on Articles 24, 28, 29 and 32.